IAU Sustainable Development Goal 12 Inaugural Conference
Did You Know?
Luther College is the first choice for high school to university transition. Enjoy all the benefits of a larger campus, without feeling lost in the crowd. Our community is full of caring mentors and peers to ensure a positive student experience.
Our student residence, The Student Village at Luther College, is a great place for student athletes to call home. The U of R Kinesiology Building is footsteps away with its Olympic size pool, gymnasium, and health centre.
Wondering where to live? Our student residence, The Student Village at Luther College, is considered the best choice for first-year student accommodation. Individual private rooms mean you can stick to your own schedule and you never have to deal with roommate hassles.
To enroll as a Luther College student, simply fill out the University of Regina application form and select Luther as your campus of choice.
Luther College students can sign up for the UR Guarantee program - get a job guaranteed after you graduate.
Luther College students are eligible for an additional $100,000 in academic awards – in addition to scholarships and bursaries awarded by the U of R.
Living in The Student Village at Luther College, our student residence, comes with a choice of healthy, nutritious meal plans. That means no grocery shopping, no meals to cook, and no dirty dishes to worry about. You can focus on your studies and wellness!
Luther College students are U of R students and receive all the same benefits. Upon graduation you will receive a U of R degree.
Advancing Responsible Consumption and Production in Higher Education: Inaugural Conference for the International Association of Universities Cluster
on Sustainable Development Goal #12
May 6 – 7, 2019 at Luther College at the University of Regina
Luther College and the University of Regina welcomed and invited a number of delgates to an international conversation about how higher education can contribute to the advancement of responsible consumption and production.
Sustainable consumption and production is about promoting resource and energy efficiency, sustainable infrastructure, and providing access to basic services, green and decent jobs and a better quality of life for all.
This day and a half conference focused on opportunities for mutual learning, networking and building opportunities for collaboration. Representatives from higher education in Saskatchewan were joined by international representatives of the International Association of Universities (IAU) Cluster on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) #12 – Advancing Sustainable Production and Consumption.
The Cluster on SDG #12, led by the University of Regina and Luther College, is part of a larger initiative of the International Association of Universities to engage Higher Education throughout the world in achieving and supporting the SDGs and Agenda 2030.
IAU SDG Goal 12 Inaugural Conference Master Program
Sharing SDG #12 Stories and Opportunities for Collaboration
- 3.1 - University of Vechta
- 3.2 - Universidad El Bosque - Cluster Networking
- 3.3 - Moi University - Exploration of Special Sustainable Production and Consumption Topics
- 3.4 - University of Regina and Luther Initiatives
- 3.5 - Universiti Sains Malaysia - Sharing SDG Successes
- 3.6 - Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
- VIDEO: Sharing SDG #12 Stories and Opportunities - Q&A Part 1
- VIDEO: Sharing SDG #12 Stories and Opportunities - Q&A Part 2
- VIDEO: Sharing SGD #12 Stories and Opportunities - University of Regina and Luther Initiatives
Sustainably Consuming and Producing Energy
- 4.1 - University of Regina's Utility Portfolio
- 4.2 - Universidad El Bosque - Cluster Energy
- 4.3 - Moi University - ACEII PTRE Partners Presentation
- VIDEO: Sustainably Consuming and Producing Energy
Building Sustainable Lifestyles and Livelihoods
- 5.1 - Universidad El Bosque - Sustainable Lifestyles
- 5.2 - University of Regina Student's Union - Building Sustainable Lifestyles and Livelihoods: The Student Experience
- 5.3 - University of Saskatchewan - Building Sustainable Lifestyles
- VIDEO: Building Sustainable Lifestyles and Livelihoods
Sharing Equipment, Capital and Other Resources
- 6.1 - University of Regina - Sharing Productive Capital
- 6.2 - University of Regina - Printing Optimization
- 6.3 - myTurn - Equipment Sharing on Campus
- VIDEO: Sharing Equipment, Capital and Other Resources
Sustainably Producing, Distributing and Consuming Food
- 7.1 - University of Regina - Edible Campus Apiary
- 7.2 - University of Saskatchewan - Food Production and Consumption
- 7.3 - University of Regina Student's Union - Sustainably Consuming and Producing Food: Student Food Insecurity
- VIDEO: Sustainably Producing, Distributing and Consuming Food Part 1
- VIDEO: Sustainably Producing, Distributing and Consuming Food Part 2
Education of Sustainable Development
- 8.0 - ESD, SDG 12 and Higher Education
- VIDEO: Education for Sustainable Development SDG #12 and Higher Education (Banquet)
Creatively Approching Financing, Procurement, Suppliers and Policy
- 9.1 - University of Regina - UR Guarantee Program
- 9.2 - University of Saskatchewan - Green Revolving Funds
- 9.3 - Tim Reeve - Municipal Collaboration for Sustainable Procurement
- VIDEO: Creatively Approaching Financing, Procurement, Suppliers and Policy
Engaging Policy Makers: Knowledge Transfer and Exchange
- 10.2 - Johnson Shoyama School of Public Policy - Making Connections for Knowledge Mobilization
- 10.3 - Star Blanket Cree Nation - A Blanket of Warmth for Our Nations Homes
- VIDEO: Engaging Policy Makers Knowledge Transfer and Exchange
Measuring SDG #12 Metrics and Targets
- 11.1 - University of Vechta - Measuring SDG #12 Metrics and Targets
- 11.2 - Universidad El Bosque - Greenmetric
- 11.3 - University of Saskatchewan - SDG #12 Metrics and Targets
- VIDEO: Measuring SDG12 Metrics and Targets
Identifying Opportunities for Collaboration
- VIDEO: Identifying Opportunities for Collaboration and Alliances and Conference Rapporteur and Closing