Frequently Asked Questions
Did You Know?
Luther College offers Bundles and Bundles Plus programs! Bundles and Bundles Plus are groupings of courses hand-selected by our academic advisors to help set new students up for a successful first semester.
Every single degree program at Luther College offers an optional experiential learning component; gain real world experience and get paid while you go to school!
The Luther College Residence offers an early payment discount. You can save up to $225 when you pay by August 15 (for Fall) and/or December 15 (for Winter)!
Small classes = big advantages. As a federated college, Luther College classes are typically smaller. This allows for students to connect with their profs and classmates.
Luther College at the University of Regina participates in Admission on the Spot events - campus tours, reduced application fees, and the relief of finding out you're accepted to your program right away!
It pays to go to Luther College. Literally. Luther students are eligible for an additional $100,000 in scholarships, in addition to all of the awards available to them as U of R!
Luther students can register in Arts, Science, or Media, Art, and Performance degree programs. All degrees are awarded by the U of R.
What is living in the Luther College Residence like?
Living in the Luther College Residence is convenient, secure and fun:
- You have your own private room with a lock, which means that you can have all the private time you need. If company is what you are looking for, just open your door and meet other residents, hang out with friends, and participate in events.
- Residence Staff plan events and are a part of our security plan.
- Your shared lounges have flat screen TVs, game console hookups, DVD players and cable channels to enjoy.
- Shared showers are cleaned by housekeeping staff daily, and you will not face line-ups since everyone has a different schedule.
- Meal plans will allow you to come for unlimited dining based on the plan you choose – just stop in, eat what you like, and go!
Do I have to share a room?
No. The Luther College Residence has single, private rooms.
What will be in my room?
All Luther rooms are fully furnished including:
- A single bed and tall single mattress with a mattress cover
- A built-in desk
- A large fresh-air window
- Ample wall shelving
- A clothes closet
- Drawer spaces
- A nightstand
- Individual room temperature control
- A local landline telephone connection
- Free wifi
Check out our residence photo gallery and virtual tour!
How secure is the Luther College Residence?
Luther provides various security measures within our Residence. These include:
- Security cameras at all entrances
- 24-hour on-call residence staff
- Each quad is locked at all times and is only accessible to those people living on the quad
- Every night, the doors to the front stairwell and the elevator are closed and locked; only Luther residents have access to the residence building. The back residence stairwell remains locked at all times.
Can I bring a fridge, chair, or other furniture item?
Your room is fully-furnished with all the basics including a desk chair, a garbage can, and a night stand. Bringing more items could make for some congestion in your room. You may bring a small bar-sized fridge (under 4 cubic feet) or a personal desk chair into your room. You are responsible for all the items provided in your room.
The following items are NOT allowed in your room:
- Microwaves, toasters, kettles, or any cooking appliances
(NOTE: Microwaves are provided in The Cellar kitchenette for residents to use.)
- Space heaters and/or air conditioners
- Candles, incense, open flame items, hookah pipes and shishas
- Kegs, mini-kegs or other large quantities of alcohol
- Large furniture
- Halogen and/or fuel burning lamps
- Large audio/visual equipment, satellites and/or unapproved communications equipment
- Weights and/or exercise equipment
- Large aquariums and/or any item that stores a large quantity of liquid
- Any illegal, dangerous and/or volatile items that could compromise the safety of others
- Any items that could obstruct a hallway or emergency exit
- Any illegal substances
Can I smoke or vape in residence?
No. Smoking and vaping are allowed outside in specific locations away from buildings.
Can I cook in my room?
Cooking is not allowed in the Luther College Residence. Please do not bring microwaves, popcorn makers, kettles, hot plates, toasters, or other appliances. Microwaves are provided in The Cellar kitchenette for residents to use for snacks.
What are the laundry facilities like?
Residents have free 24-hour access to a number of washing machines and dryers.
Does the Luther College Residence offer parking?
To apply for a parking spot, you must contact the University of Regina Parking Office at 1.306.585.5555; you can also apply online. Be sure to indicate that you are a Luther resident.
Can I see a room?
Of course! Please send an email to email@example.com to arrange a residence tour, or if you find yourself on campus, stop in at the Financial & Residence Services Office in LC 110.
When can I move in?
On Luther College Residence Move-in Day! To request a different move-in date or time, please contact the Financial & Residence Services Office. If you are approved to stay before or after the semester, there is a daily room and board fee for the extra days you stay.