Did You Know?
Luther College at the University of Regina participates in Admission on the Spot events - campus tours, reduced application fees, and the relief of finding out you're accepted to your program right away!
Luther College students pay the same tuition and fees as other University of Regina students.
ALL U of R students including Luther students can take Luther courses.
Luther College offers year-round campus and residence tours as well as one-on-one enrollment counselling.
The Luther College Residence offers an early payment discount. You can save up to $225 when you pay by August 15 (for Fall) and/or December 15 (for Winter)!
Luther College welcomes students of all faiths, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, genders, and sexual orientation.
The Luther College Residence hosts multiple social events and programs throughout the year, such as Christmas Dinner, International Night, Mardi Gras, and Karaoke Night.
Luther College offers Bundles and Bundles Plus programs! Bundles and Bundles Plus are groupings of courses hand-selected by our academic advisors to help set new students up for a successful first semester.
To be eligible for a Luther award, students must:
- Be registered in Luther Arts; Luther Media, Art, and Performance (formerly Fine Arts); or Luther Science
- Remain registered in at least 12 credit hours throughout the Fall semester (students applying for mature, partnership, and part-time scholarships are exempt: students with disabilities, see clause below)
- Apply for the award(s)
- Award deferrals: Deferrals of awards will not normally be allowed. However, Luther students in the GAP Year program are eligible to have Luther-funded entrance scholarships deferred for up to one academic year.
- Students with disabilities: Students who are unable to register in the minimum credit hours due to a disability may be eligible for consideration if their maximum course load is specified and documented by a professional qualified to assess their ability. Students must be registered with, and their documentation provided to and verified by, the University of Regina's Centre for Student Accessibility at the start of each semester during which the student may be considered for a scholarship or bursary.
- Averages: entrance awards use the admissions average, and continuing student awards use the undergraduate grade point average (UGPA)
- Award: general category for scholarships and bursaries
- Bursary: a monetary award for academic studies given on the basis of finanial need
- Continuing student: a student who has completed at least 12 credit hours of study at a post-secondary educational institution
- Entering student: a student beginning first year who has not previously attended a post-secondary educational institution
- Scholarship: a monetary award for academic studies given on the basis of academic merit alone, or academic merit and other criteria
Limits on Awards
- Entering students who receive the Centennial Merit/Centennial Merit Plus scholarship may not apply for the Luther College Entrance Scholarship, the Luther College High School Scholarship, or the Pre-professional Entrance Scholarship
- Home-based learners and transfer students are not eligible for Luther awards in their first year as grades are not available. These students should apply for Luther scholarships in subsequent years when they have established a UGPA
- Because Luther has many excellent students deserving support, each student may receive a maximum of $1,500 in College awards annually
Payment of Awards
- Luther awards are credited to student accounts following the last day to drop courses with a full refund (mid-September). Students can review their financial accounts on UR Self-Service.