We are excited to share our plans for Graduation 2022 to celebrate our graduates with our families and the community!
The following is an outline of graduation events and prices. We are planning the event based on current health guidelines and will be prepared to adjust if the guidelines change. At this time, we are hopeful for a typical graduation ceremony. Our event will be mask friendly and hand sanitizer will be available; however, there will be no gathering limit or proof of vaccine required.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, June 23rd
Graduate and Faculty Luncheon
- The luncheon will take place at 1:30 p.m. in the Merlis Belsher Heritage Centre.
- The luncheon is for LCHS graduates, faculty and administration.
- Dietary restrictions will be taken into consideration.
- Graduates are encouraged to dress in business casual attire.
Saturday, June 25th
BACCALAUREATE SERVICE (Cap & Gown Ceremony)
- A cap, tassel, v-stole and gown will be ordered for each graduate and distributed in advance of June 25th. We recommend ironing the gown and v-stole prior to the day.
- 9:00 a.m. - Graduates arrive at LCHS and meet in the library wearing the items listed above. Instructions for the Baccalaureate Ceremony will be reviewed at this time. Graduates, with assistance from staff, will line up in alphabetical order in preparation for entry into the Merlis Belsher Heritage Centre.
- 10:00 a.m. - Baccalaureate Service begins (Merlis Belsher Heritage Centre). Parents and guests are encouraged to arrive early. There is NO reserved seating. The service typically lasts 2 - 2.5 hours.
- Following the Baccalaureate Service, families and graduates are encouraged to take photos on the front lawn or in the student commons. A reception will be held in the student commons following the Baccalaureate Service.
- Graduates keep their gown, v-stole, cap and tassel.
- Grads and families should not make any appointments prior to 1:00 p.m.
This year, a parent committee will be formed to plan and execute the banquet. Please wait for further communication from the committee regarding this event.
FEES and DUE DATES
- Graduation Fee - $75 due Friday, March 18th
- This fee covers the luncheon and decorations, grad keepsake, cap, tassel, gown and v-stole and diploma picture.
- E-transfer is the preferred method of payment. Please send $75 to email@example.com by March 18th and indicate the graduate’s name in the “message box”. Alternatively, cheques will be accepted by Mrs. Smoliak in the library. Please make cheques payable to Luther Grad (not Luther College High School). Please print first and last name of graduate on the cheque’s memo line.
- Banquet Tickets and Fees – Please wait for more information from the banquet planning committee.
If you have questions about the luncheon or Baccalaureate Service, please contact: