Application Process for Non-Saskatchewan Students
Non-Saskatchewan Student General Admission application process:
Luther College High School has an online general admissions application process for all applicants. We no longer have a paper form available and all applicants are required to complete the online application process. Please review the steps below before proceeding with your application.
The application deadline for general admissions, is MARCH 1. After March 1, limited spaces may be available but will fill quickly.
Please check with the IRCC for current study permit processing times: Study permit: About the process - Canada.ca
Students wanting to apply for September 2023 can apply now using the 2023-24 application form online.
All non-Saskatchewan students are required to live in the on-campus dormitory. International students should refer to www.cic.gc.ca for more information on study permits/visas.
- Before you start the application process please have the following information readily available.
- The student applicant must have a unique email address. Each parent must also have a unique email address. Please do not use the same email addresses for the parent and student applicant.
- Family friend or Pastor email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- Current teacher or Principal email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- An electronic copy or scanned PDF file of the most recent report card OR last year’s final report card
- A Mastercard or Visa to provide the $100 non-refundable application fee (an invoice is automatically generated for you if you choose to make the payment by wire transfer) however we must have the $100 application fee in place before we will review the application.
- Fill in the application questions as directed by the Open Apply online application system. Once you get to the parent information you will be asked to pick a password so that the system can create an account for you (the email address you provide will be your user name).This allows your information to be saved so you can update as you need to before the submission.
- An email is generated by Open Apply to the applicant to thank them for applying and with a link to view their applicant status page. Parents receive an email letting them know an account has been created as well they will receive a separate email with an email confirmation request.
- All English as a second language students are required to complete an online ESL assessment with our ESL Coordinator before the application will be considered. If it is determined that ESL is required an additional charge will be added to the tuition cost. The family or education agent will be contacted by our ESL coordinator directly to arrange the assessment time.
Applications will not be reviewed until all components of the application have been received.
These components include the following:
- General information application form
- Student profile for your student to complete
- Confidential report form from a Family Friend or Pastor
- Confidential report form from a current teacher or Principal
- Copy of most recent report card. Students applying for grade 9 may use their grade 7 final report card.
- A NON REFUNDABLE $100 application fee
- If a student’s first language is not English, an online ESL test with our ESL coordinator will be required. The results of the ESL test must be received before the application will be reviewed
Please allow up to 4 weeks from the time a complete application is submitted. Applications missing supporting documents will not be processed. Once a decision is made you will receive an email with the decision.
Payment upon acceptance
The full tuition, a $3000 Education Bond, dorm fee, dorm damage deposit and ESL fees (if applicable) are due upon acceptance in order to secure a spot in the education program. The Education Bond is a one time fee and is refunded upon graduation from Luther College High School, less any amounts owing on the student’s account. Acceptance documents will not be provided until the fees are paid in full. Payment is made by credit card or by wire transfer.
Refunds, Visa rejections and late charges
Students who withdraw by June 10 will receive a refund of all fees less a 10 percent administration fee. Students who withdraw after June 10 will forfeit all fees.
A student whose visa application has been rejected must provide a copy of the refusal letter to the Registrar at email@example.com in order to receive a refund. Students who arrive late will be charged a late fee.
The Education Bond is a one time fee and is refunded upon graduation from Luther College High School, less any amounts owing on the student’s account.
Visa and Study Permits and Study Permit Renewals
The Government of Canada requires all non-Canadian students have a valid student visa and/or a study permit before entering school. Students (and their parents) are responsible to apply for and obtain visas and/or study permits (including study permit renewals and other documents to maintain valid status in Canada). For more information see https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
A copy of the visa, an image showing the status of the visa or a copy of the rejection letter must be forwarded to the Registrar by June 10 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who do not forward the requested information will not be scheduled for classes.
Also upon acceptance, you will be required to log on to your Open Apply Account to view the student document checklist and complete the admission acceptance forms that are required.