Application Process for Non-Saskatchewan Students
Did You Know?
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
When the College was first looking to relocate from Melville to Regina, it considered land at College & Winnipeg, College & Broad, and 23rd & Albert, finally settling on 18 acres of land on the west end of property owned by Government House, now called Royal Street.
New Online General Admissions Application Process - Non-Saskatchewan Students
Luther College High School has changed to a new online general admissions application process for 2018-19 applicants. We no longer have a paper form available and all applicants are expected to complete the online application process. Please review the steps below before proceeding with your application.
Update as of July 5 2018: The grade 9 class and the boys dormitory are now full for September 2018. Due to admission application processing times and the time needed to apply for study visas, international students should now consider applying for the second semester (February 2019).
Students wishing to apply for the second semester (February 2019) maybe waitlisted if accepted. We thank you for your patience during July and August as application processing times may be delayed due to summer office hours and staff summer vacations.
Non-Saskatchewan Students General Admissions application steps:
All non-Saskatchewan students are required to live in the on-campus dormitory. International students should refer to www.cic.gc.ca for more information on study permits/visas.
- Before you start the application process please have the following information readily available.
- Family friend or Pastor email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- Current teacher or Principal email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- An electronic copy or scanned PDF file of the most recent report card OR last year’s final report card
- A Mastercard or Visa to provide the $100 non-refundable application fee (an invoice is automatically generated for you if you choose to make the payment by wire transfer) however we must have the $100 application fee in place before we will review the application.
- Fill in the application questions as directed by the Open Apply online application system. Once you get to the parent information you will be asked to pick a password so that the system can create an account for you (the email address you provide will be your user name).This allows your information to be saved so you can update as you need to before the submission.
- Once you have completed an email is generated by Open Apply to the applicant to thank them for applying and with a link to view their applicant status page. Parents receive an email letting them know an account has been created as well they will receive a separate email with an email confirmation request.
- All English as a second language students are be required to complete an ESL assessment before the application will be considered. If it is determined that ESL is required an additional charge will be added to the tuition cost. The family or education agent will be contacted by our ESL coordinator directly to arrange the assessment time.
Applications will not be reviewed until all components of the application have been received. These components include the following:
- General information application form
- Student profile for your child to complete
- Confidential report form from a Family Friend or Pastor
- Confidential report form from a current teacher or Principal
- Copy of most recent report card. Students applying for grade 9 may use their grade 7 final report card.
- A NON REFUNDABLE $100 application fee
- If a student’s first language is not English, an ESL test will be required. The results of the ESL test must be received before the application will be reviewed.
Please allow up to 4 weeks from the time a complete application is submitted. Once a decision is made you will receive an email with the decision.
Upon acceptance, a $300 tuition deposit and $1000 education bond will be required to hold the student’s spot. You will receive an email with an invoice for the tuition deposit and education bond payment instructions. The tuition deposit becomes non-refundable and will be forfeited if students withdraw after April 1.
Also upon acceptance you will be required to log on to your Open Apply Account to view the accepted document checklist and then complete the admission acceptance forms that are required.