Application Process for Saskatchewan Students
Saskatchewan Student - General Admission Application Process
Luther College High School has an online general admissions application process for all applicants. There is no longer a paper application available and all applicants are required to complete the online application process. Please review the steps below before proceeding with your application.
The application deadline for general admissions, scholarships, financial aid and bursaries is MARCH 1. After March 1, limited spaces may be available.
Saskatchewan residency is defined in accordance with the regulation of the Ministry of Education of the Government of Saskatchewan. Proof of Saskatchewan residence is required upon request. Students who live with their parents in Saskatchewan but outside of a 100 kilometre radius of Regina are required to live in the on campus dormitory.
- Before you start the application process please have the following information readily available.
- The student applicant must have a unique email address. Each parent must also have a unique email address. Please do not use the same email addresses for the parent and student applicant.
- Family friend or Pastor email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- Current teacher or Principal email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- Your student’s Saskatchewan health card
- An electronic copy or scanned PDF file of the most recent report card OR last year’s final report card
- A Mastercard or Visa to provide the $100 non-refundable application fee (an invoice is automatically generated through Open Apply). Payment may also be made in person in our Finance office by cheque, cash or debit however, we must have the $100 application fee in place before we will review the application.
- Complete the application questions as directed by the Open Apply online application system. Once you get to the parent information you will be asked to choose a password so that the system can create an account for you (the email address you provide will be your user name).This allows your information to be saved so you may update as you need before the submission.
- An email is generated by Open Apply to the applicant to thank them for applying and with a link to view their applicant status page. Parents receive an email letting them know an account has been created as well they will receive a separate email with an email confirmation request.
- All English as a second language students are required to complete an ESL assessment before the application will be considered. If it is determined that ESL is required an additional charge will be added to the tuition cost. The family will be contacted by our ESL Coordinator directly to arrange the assessment time.
Applications will not be reviewed until all components of the application have been received.
These components include the following:
- General information application form
- Student profile for the student to complete
- Confidential report form from a Family Friend or Pastor
- Confidential report form from a current teacher or Principal
- Copy of most recent report card. Students applying for grade 9 may use their grade 7 final report card.
- A NON REFUNDABLE $100 application fee
- If a student’s first language is not English, an online ESL assessment with our ESL Coordinator will be required. The results of the ESL assessment must be received before the application will be reviewed.
Please allow up to 4 weeks from the time a complete application is submitted. Applications missing supporting documents will not be processed. Once a decision is made you will receive an email through Open Apply with the decision.
Payment upon acceptance:
Immediately upon acceptance, a tuition deposit of $950.00 will be required. The tuition deposit will be required to reserve the student’s spot in the education program. A space will not be held for students who fail to pay the tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is paid through Open Apply or in person at our Finance office. The tuition deposit becomes non-refundable and will be forfeited if students withdraw after May 1.
Also upon acceptance you will be required to log on to your Open Apply Account to view the student document checklist and complete the admission acceptance forms that are required.