Application Process for Saskatchewan Students
Did You Know?
When the College was first looking to relocate from Melville to Regina, it considered land at College & Winnipeg, College & Broad, and 23rd & Albert, finally settling on 18 acres of land on the west end of property owned by Government House, now called Royal Street.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
New Online General Admissions Application Process - Saskatchewan Students
Luther College High School has changed to a new online general admissions application process for 2018-19 applicants. We no longer have a paper form available and all applicants are expected to complete the online application process. Please review the steps below before proceeding with your application.
The application deadline for general admissions, scholarships, financial aid and bursaries is MARCH 1, 2018. After March 1, limited spaces may be available but will fill quickly. Apply today!
Saskatchewan Students General Admissions application steps:
Saskatchewan residency is defined in accordance with the regulation of the Ministry of Education of the Government of Saskatchewan. Proof of Saskatchewan residence is required upon request. Students who live with their parents in Saskatchewan but outside of a 100 kilometre radius of Regina are required to live in the on campus dormitory.
- Before you start the application process please have the following information readily available.
- Your student’s Saskatchewan health card
- Family friend or Pastor email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- Current teacher or Principal email address (for the confidential report form reference)
- An electronic copy or scanned PDF file of the most recent report card OR last year’s final report card
- A credit card to provide the $100 non-refundable application fee (an invoice is automatically generated for you if you choose to make the payment in person by cheque, cash or debit) however we must have the $100 application fee in place before we will review the application.
- Fill in the application questions as directed by the Open Apply online application system. Once you get to the parent information you will be asked to pick a password so that the system can create an account for you (the email address you provide will be your user name).This allows your information to be saved so you can update as you need to before the submission.
- Once you have completed the application an invoice is created and you can choose to pay your application fee on line or in person. An email is generated by Open Apply to the applicant to thank them for applying and with a link to view their applicant status page. Parents receive an email letting them know an account has been created as well they will receive a separate email with an email confirmation request.
- All English as a second language students may be required to complete an ESL assessment before the application will be considered. If it is determined that ESL is required an additional charge will be added to the tuition cost.
Applications will not be reviewed until all components of the application have been received.
These components include the following:
- General information application form
- Student profile for your child to complete
- Confidential report form from a Family Friend or Pastor
- Confidential report form from a current teacher or Principal
- Copy of most recent report card. Students applying for grade 9 may use their grade 7 final report card.
- A NON REFUNDABLE $100 application fee
- If a student’s first language is not English, an ESL test will be required. The results of the ESL test must be received before the application will be reviewed.
Please allow up to 4 weeks from the time a complete application is submitted. Once a decision is made you will receive an email with the decision.
Upon acceptance, a $300 tuition deposit will be required to hold the student’s spot. You will receive an email with an invoice for the tuition deposit and the payment instructions. The tuition deposit becomes non-refundable and will be forfeited if students withdraw after April 1.
Also upon acceptance you will be required to log on to your Open Apply Account to view the accepted document checklist and then complete the admission acceptance forms that are required.