Did You Know?
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
- Saskatchewan Student Application 2017-18
- Students Outside of Saskatchewan (Canadian and International) Application - 2017-18
- Student Profile 2017-18
- School Report 2017-18
- Pastor Report 2017-18
- Football Form #1 - Football Experience
- Football Form #2 - Health Information
- Physical Education Consent Form
- RHSAA (Permission Form)
- SHSAA Transfer Policy Information
- SHSAA (Sask. Student Transfer Form)
Please see 'Medical' section for health-related forms that apply to dorm students
- Anaphylaxis and Medical Emergency Protocol Plan
- Student Health Record (for new day students)
- Student Health Record Update (for returning day students)
- Student Health Record (for dorm students)
- Immunization Certificate (for dorm students)
- Influenza Consent (for dorm students over age 16)
- Influenza Consent (for parents of students under age 16)
- Physical Exam Certificate (for dorm students)
- High School Exit Survey for New Applicants
- High School Exit Survey
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities Form
- Science Classroom Guidelines Form
- Media Consent Form
- Driving Training Application
- Grade 9 Course Request Form
- Grade 10 Course Request Form
- Grade 10 IB Application Form - please visit our IB page
- Grade 11 Course Request Form
- Grade 12 Course Request Form
- Future Luther Student Online Registration Form
Scholarships & Awards
Returning & Graduating Awards
Application forms for the scholarships below are made available in March and the deadline is usually mid-late May.
- ELCIC Student Bursary Award
- McIlwrick Family Service to Society Award