Did You Know?
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
Our application process is now online! Click here to be redirected!
- Football Form #1 - Football Experience
- Football Form #2 - Health Information
- Physical Education Consent Form
- RHSAA (Permission Form)
- SHSAA Transfer Policy Information
- SHSAA (Sask. Student Transfer Form)
Please see 'Medical' section for health-related forms that apply to dorm students
- 2017-18 Payment Form
- 2018-19 Payment Form
- Student Account Credit Card Form
- Bank Wire Transfer Form/Instructions
- Anaphylaxis and Medical Emergency Protocol Plan
- Student Health Record (for new day students)
- Student Health Record Update (for returning day students)
- Student Health Record (for dorm students)
- Immunization Certificate (for dorm students)
- Influenza Consent (for dorm students over age 16)
- Influenza Consent (for parents of students under age 16)
- Physical Exam Certificate (for dorm students)
- High School Exit Survey for New Applicants
- High School Exit Survey
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities Form
- Science Classroom Guidelines Form
- Media Consent Form
- Driving Training Application
- Course Request Forms are now available here
- Grade 10 IB Application Form - please visit our IB page
- Future Luther Student Online Registration Form