In 2000, Luther College established Founders’ Day to recognize the generosity and spirit of our many benefactors, past and present, who have played a part in the establishment and growth of the College.
On Founders’ Day we come together as a community to honour and recognize the individuals, families, and organizations whose donations allow the to pursue its College’s mission and fulfill its vision. Collectively, these gifts have tremendously enhanced the educational experience for Luther College students.
The Founders’ Society acknowledges those donors whose cumulative lifetime giving to Luther College is $10,000 or more. All gifts, including annual gifts, major gifts, completed pledges, and realized planned gifts contribute to the cumulative total.
Read the program from the May 2023 Founders' Day Dinner.
Donors are recognized in the following categories:
- Founders' Society - $10,000+
- Heritage Society - $30,000+
- President's Society - $70,000+
- 1913 Society - $150,000+
- Martin Luther Society - $300,000+
- 1926 Society - $700,000+
- Black & Gold Society - $1 Million+
- Rex Schneider Society - $3 Million+
- Blue & White Society - $5 Million+
- Visionaries Society - Donors who have made provision for a future gift in their wills or estate plans.