Did You Know?
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
Through extensive internal and external consultations, Luther College has developed a long-term strategic vision involving significant construction and renovation projects. The strategic vision anticipates three separate phases of renewal construction to address all of the needs and issues identified by a comprehensive internal assessment process.
Features of the strategic vision include:
A. Two gymnasiums (PHASES 1 & 2)
- New gymnasium
- More space for physical education and recreational activities
- Fitness facilities that promote health and well-being
- Renovated floor and HVAC upgrades for heritage gymnasium
B. New fine arts space (PHASES 1 & 2)
- Rebuilt stage in heritage gymnasium
- New classrooms, storage and office space
- New and flexible rehearsal and performing spaces
- Welcoming ambience and inspiring space for chapel time
C. Enhanced common areas (PHASES 1, 2 & 3)
- Renovations to existing cafeteria as an interim measure
- Attractive new student commons (social & study space)
- Linked traffic corridors that unite current and new facilities around the central courtyard
- Enhanced accessibility
D. New cafeteria (PHASE 3)
- More efficient food preparation and service
- Improved traffic flow
- Increased seating capacity
- Attractive multi-use space
Luther's Charitable Registration No.: 107650061RR0001