Who We Are
Did You Know?
Luther students can register in Arts, Science, or Media, Art, and Performance degree programs. Luther students are U of R students and receive a U of R degree.
Luther students enjoy personalized one-on-one academic advising: our academic advisors are here to help you from registration to graduation.
Luther students can sign up for the UR Guarantee program - get a guaranteed job after you graduate!
The Luther College Residence hosts multiple social events and programs throughout the year, such as Christmas Dinner, International Night, Mardi Gras, and Karaoke Night.
The Luther College Residence is a great place for student athletes; it’s conveniently located and comes with a great meal plan.
Luther grads attend a special graduation ceremony and luncheon celebration at Luther College as well as the U of R convocation ceremony
Luther College offers year-round campus and residence tours as well as one-on-one enrollment counselling.
Who We Are
Luther College at the University of Regina (LCUR) – Who are we?
With a maximum enrollment of around 1,200 students, LCUR is committed to retaining the personal atmosphere, individual attention, and sense of community that only a small university can offer. Informed by a progressive understanding of Christianity, our intimate community, combined with the resources and faculty at U of R, provide students with unique opportunities in undergraduate education. We specialize in the education of Arts; Science; and Media, Art, and Performance (formerly Fine Arts) and provide the highest quality of teaching and foster outstanding research within the humanities, social sciences, fine arts, and sciences.
Explanation of Federation
In 1971, Luther College brought its university program into a federation with the University of Regina (U of R) in order to provide expanded choices for students.
Academic integration with a leading university means:
- Luther College students can take courses from other federated colleges (Campion College, FNUniv) and from the U of R.
- Federated college students take programs established by the University Senate and receive degrees from the U of R. (Luther College is a full member of the University Senate.)
- Eligible U of R and other federated college students can take Luther College classes.
- Luther students have access to all of the financial aid and student support programs of the U of R, as well as all courses and instructional support.
- Federated colleges compliment the University Registrar's Office by offering personalized academic counselling.
- Federated college faculty augment the teaching resources of University departments. A federated college makes the U of R that much more accessible for those who want to study in a smaller community of students and scholars.
- Luther assists students in adjusting to the atmosphere of the larger urban centre and academic campus when they are part of a small, personalized atmosphere.
- Luther College emphasises interdisciplinary studies.
- Federated college libraries complement University holdings by maintaining their own specialized collection of books, journals, computers, and e-resources.
- Luther complements the University's Counselling Services by providing chaplains for counselling services.
- Special student support services are available, including student orientations, study skills seminars, writing workshops, peer support programs, student loans assistance, and special scholarships and bursaries.
Federated colleges are administratively and financially independent of the U of R.