School Bus Program
School Bus Program
There are several routes within the city serviced by the Luther College High School bus program. As well, bus service is offered to rural residents with a pickup/drop-off at a central point in White City. Periodically, routes may be altered slightly depending on where the students participating in the program live. Only students enrolled at Luther College High School are eligible to use this service. Bussing begins on the first day of classes in the first semester and the first day of classes in the second semester.
Costs for 2022-2023 (per semester)
- Two-way service in Regina: $400
- One-way service in Regina: $275
- Two-way service White City: $530
- One-way service in White City: $345
Please note: a single ride bus pass may be purchased from the office. Costs will vary.
Pick up times varies within the city. For the rural route, students are picked up at approximately 7:00 a.m. in White City. All buses depart at approximately 3:30 p.m. from Luther College High School. This schedule may be altered on days when there is early dismissal or special events.
Register HERE: School Bus Program Registration
Payments may be made in the main office, or over the phone, or by filling in the credit card authorization form.
First Bus Disinfecting Protocol
First Bus will be following the recommendation that all students (grades 4-12) wear masks while on the bus.
Cancellations may occur due to severe weather or unsafe driving conditions.
At 6:00 AM (according to www.theweathernetwork.com), when temperature and windchill reading is minus 45 degrees Celsius or colder, routes will be cancelled for the day. First Bus will email all parents and update Busplanner Notifications for cancelled routes.
If First Bus delays or cancels your student's Luther College High School bus (this does not include Prairie Valley buses), there are a couple of options available to you to find out information quickly:
- Call 306-721-4499 - First Student Canada's information hotline.
- There is also a website that you can access that will provide updated details of any cancellations or delays.
- You may subscribe to notifications to alert you if your student's school bus is delayed or cancelled.
- Cancellations impacting all buses will be posted to the school's website on a red emergency banner on the top of the page.