Baccalaureate and Closing Exercises are held at the end of each school year to present high school diplomas to Grade 12 graduates. A banquet is held the same night and includes speeches and entertainment by students, parents and faculty.
The following is an outline of graduation events for 2019.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact either:
Schedule of Events
BBQ - Wednesday, June 5
- 5:00 p.m. @ Kiwanis Park picnic area. (Regina Ave. and Elphinstone)
- BBQ is for all graduates, their escorts, and teachers. (no parents, sorry!)
- All food and drinks will be provided. Vegetarian options will be available.
- If students wish, they may bring a frisbee, soccer ball, football, etc.
Graduation Day - Thursday, June 27
BACCALAUREATE SERVICE (Cap & Gown Ceremony)
- 8:45 a.m. Graduates arrive at LCHS and meet in the library. Caps and gowns will be distributed. Instructions for Baccalaureate Ceremony will be reviewed. Graduates, with assistance from staff, will line up in alphabetical order.
- 10:00 a.m. Baccalaureate Service begins in the Merlis Belsher Heritage Centre.
Parents and guests are urged to arrive early. There is NO reserved seating. The service typically lasts 2 ½ hours.
- Following the Baccalaureate Service, families and graduates are encouraged to take photos on the front lawn or in the student commons. A reception will be held in the student commons following the Baccalaureate Service.
- Some graduates will also be asked to meet their scholarship donor in Room 118.
- Before graduates leave (by 1:00 p.m.), they must return their gowns to the library.
- Grads keep their hat and tassel.
- Grads and families should not make any appointments prior to 1:00 p.m.
- The banquet will be held at The Queensbury Convention Centre.
- All banquet tickets are purchased in advance. All seating is assigned. There are no physical tickets. There is a seating chart indicating your table and seats you've purchased.
- Graduates arrive by 5:15 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. – Class picture taken at the Queensbury Convention Centre. (ALL Grads assemble on the stairs for this photo.)
- 6:15 p.m. Grand March begins. Guests, please be seated by 6:00 p.m. A seating chart will be displayed in the lobby.
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner is served. The formal program featuring speeches and musical selections will begin once the plates have been cleared.
- 9:00 – 11:30 p.m. Dance, with live music, at Queensbury Centre.