Ways to Give
Did You Know?
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
Ways to Give
There Are Many Ways to Give to Luther!
Explore our donation options to discover which option best suits your financial and philanthropic goals.
- Give Online: Donate only by credit card using our secure site.
- By Phone: To make a donation by telephone, please call 306-791-9175.
- By Mail: Send your cheque or money order, payable to Luther College, Regina, to our mailing address: 1500 Royal Street, Regina, SK S4T 5A5 CANADA. Please let us know if you want your gift used for a specific purpose, by indicating that purpose either in the memo line or in a letter to us. You may wish to print a copy of our annual appeal reply card or our capital campaign pledge form and mail the completed form with your cheque.
- In Person: To make a gift in person, please visit the Development Office, at 1500 Royal Street, during office hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on Monday to Friday. You may wish to call ahead to ensure that we are open: 306-757-7399. Parking is available on Royal Street for your convenience. Monthly giving makes it easy for you to give to Luther. Your gift is automatically charged to your credit card each month. Monthly giving can be discontinued at any time, with notification.
- Shares & Securities: A donation of publicly listed securities - stocks, bonds, mutual fund units or shares - benefits the Luther in the same way as a gift of cash. For the donor, a gift of security may result in considerable tax benefits. There is no capital gains tax on listed securities that are donated and you will receive an official receipt for income tax purposes for the value of the stocks.
- Wills & Bequests: Gifts made through a will are important legacies to provide for the future of Luther College. If you are planning to make a provision for the school, we would appreciate being advised so we can recognize your generosity. A gift may be stated as a specific dollar amount, a percentage of the estate or the residual of the estate.
- Life insurance: A gift of life insurance provides an affordable way to make a significant non-taxable contribution because the proceeds are completely separate from your estate. By establishing a life insurance policy in Luther’s name, you can benefit from immediate tax deductions on your monthly premiums.
- RRIFs & RRSPs: Donating your Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) or Registered Retired Income Funds (RRIFs) is a simple, flexible way to give to Luther College while enjoying tax benefits.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Under development.
- Corporate Matching Gifts: Does your company participate in a matching gift program? If your employer (or your spouse's employer) has a matching gift program, you can ask your company to match your support for Luther.
- Memorial & Tribute Gifts: A donation made to Luther College is a meaningful way to recognize a loved one who has passed away or to celebrate a friend or family members' personal milestone.
- Gifts in Kind: A donor may make a gift of tangible property to Luther College. Typical gifts in kind include: land, buildings or other assets such as artwork, books, equipment, furnishings, etc. These gifts must be pre-arranged with the Development Office. Such gifts are appraised on the date received and an official tax receipt is issued for the appraised value. The donor will receive a receipt for the fair market value of the property. A professional appraisal may be required.
- U.S. & International Gifts: For U.S. residents, you can make your donation via CAF America (http://www.cafamerica.org/) and receive a US tax receipt.
For more information, please contact:
Luther’s Charitable Registration No.: 107650061RR0001