Income Tax Information

Tax receipts are issued for/to Canadian students.

  • Tuition Fees - a charitable donation receipt will be issued to parents or guardians for a percentage of the school tuition fees paid. The amount of the charitable donation tuition receipt is determined by a formula set by Canada Revenue Agency.
  • Dorm Fees - dorm room and board fees for students aged 16 or less may qualify as childcare expenses. The College will issue a letter to the student's parents or guardians detailing the room and board portions of the fees paid.
  • International Baccalaureate - A T2202 Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate will be issued to students taking Grade 12 International Baccalaureate classes for fees paid. These are recognized as post-secondary courses and are eligible for a tuition tax credit in the same way that university course tuition is eligible.
  • Scholarships - students who received a scholarship or some other form of financial assistance of $500 or more from the College will be issued a T4A Supplementary Income Statement.

If you have questions about your eligibility to use any of the above information slips which may be issued to you, please consult your tax advisor. More information can also be found on the Canada Revenue Agency website.