Voluntary Sector Careers
Did You Know?
The deadline for academic application is March 15. To book a personalized entrance counselling appointment, contact our Recruitment Office at 1-306-206-2117.
You can book a tour of Luther College, the U of R campus, and The Student Village at Luther College any time throughout the year. Contact our Recruitment Office at 1-306-206-2117.
The Student Village at Luther College is a great place for student athletes to call home. The U of R Kinesiology Building is footsteps away with its Olympic size pool, gymnasium, and health centre.
Eating better means studying better. The Luther Cafeteria offers fresh, healthy, nutritious meals seven days a week with a self-serve “all-you-care-to-eat” concept students prefer.
Luther College students can sign up for the UR Guarantee program - get a job guaranteed after you graduate.
Every degree program at Luther College offers a study abroad option and an optional EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING COMPONENT where you gain real world experience and get paid while going to school!
Luther College students are eligible for an additional $100,000 in academic awards – in addition to scholarships and bursaries awarded by the U of R.
Luther College participates in Admission on the Spot events - campus tours, reduced application fees, and the relief of finding out you are accepted to your program immediately!
Voluntary Sector Careers
Did you know?
- 2 million Canadians are employed in the voluntary sector
- Canada has over 170,000 nonprofit organizations where you can find career opportunities
Examples of careers in the voluntary sector include Executive Director; Program Manager; Biologist; Communications Specialist; Social Worker; Financial Officer; HR Manager; Curator; IT Support; Research Director; Health Promotion Specialist; Marketing Coordinator; Policy Analyst; and many more!
Below are links to a number of local, national, and international career opportunities just waiting for you to explore:
Canada (Search by Province)
- Charity Village – Find Jobs: https://charityvillage.com/jobs/find-jobs.aspx
- Work in NonProfits – Find Jobs: http://workinnonprofits.ca/
- Canadian Society of Association Executives - Job Board: http://niche.workopolis.com/association-executive-jobs/index.htm
- Government of Canada – Job Bank: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
- Wow Jobs - Search "Non-Profit": http://www.wowjobs.ca/start.aspx
- The Canadian Association of Gift Planners - Find Jobs: http://www.cagp-acpdp.org/
- Pillar Nonprofit Network – Ontario Job Opportunities: http://www.pillarnonprofit.ca/jobs
- Ontario Nonprofit Network – Connect Nonprofit Jobs: http://connectjobs.ca/
- Reach Hire – Alberta’s Non-profit Career Centre: http://www.reachire.ca/
- Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations - Jobline: http://www.ecvo.ca/index.php/jobline
- Caring Careers - Saskatchewan Job Opportunities: http://www.caringcareers.ca/
- Idealist – Worldwide Jobs: http://www.idealist.org/
- Total Professions – UK Charity and Volunteer Work: http://www.totalprofessions.com/profession-finder/sector-summaries/charity-and-voluntary-work
- Third Sector Jobs – UK Charity Jobs: http://jobs.thirdsector.co.uk/
- The Guardian Jobs – UK Charity Jobs: http://jobs.theguardian.com/charity/
Disclaimer: Links from the Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Studies Network (NVSSN) to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by the VSSN of the parties or their products and services. These parties are listed to provide connections to jobs in the nonprofit sector for university students.