Voluntary Sector Careers
Did You Know?
Luther College students are U of R students and receive all the same benefits. Upon graduation you will receive a U of R degree.
The deadline for academic application is March 15. To book a personalized entrance counselling appointment, contact our Recruitment Office at 1-306-206-2117.
Luther College participates in Admission on the Spot events - campus tours, reduced application fees, and the relief of finding out you are accepted to your program immediately!
Eating better means studying better. The Luther Cafeteria offers fresh, healthy, nutritious meals seven days a week with a self-serve “all-you-care-to-eat” concept students prefer.
Luther College offers Bundles programs that group together first-year students and classes to give you a great start and help ease the transition from high school to university.
Luther College students can sign up for the UR Guarantee program - get a job guaranteed after you graduate.
Smaller class sizes at Luther College means more individualized attention and better connections with your professors, classmates, and academic advisors.
To enroll as a Luther College student, simply fill out the University of Regina application form and select Luther as your campus of choice.
Voluntary Sector Careers
Did you know?
- 2 million Canadians are employed in the voluntary sector
- Canada has over 170,000 nonprofit organizations where you can find career opportunities
Examples of careers in the voluntary sector include Executive Director; Program Manager; Biologist; Communications Specialist; Social Worker; Financial Officer; HR Manager; Curator; IT Support; Research Director; Health Promotion Specialist; Marketing Coordinator; Policy Analyst; and many more!
Below are links to a number of local, national, and international career opportunities just waiting for you to explore:
Canada (Search by Province)
- Charity Village – Find Jobs: https://charityvillage.com/app/job-listings
- Work in NonProfits – Find Jobs: http://workinnonprofits.ca/
- Canadian Society of Association Executives - Job Board: http://niche.workopolis.com/association-executive-jobs/index.htm
- Government of Canada – Job Bank: http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng
- Wow Jobs - Search "Non-Profit": http://www.wowjobs.ca/start.aspx
- The Canadian Association of Gift Planners - Find Jobs: http://www.cagp-acpdp.org/
- Pillar Nonprofit Network – Ontario Job Opportunities: http://www.pillarnonprofit.ca/jobs
- Ontario Nonprofit Network – Connect Nonprofit Jobs: http://connectjobs.ca/
- Reach Hire – Alberta’s Non-profit Career Centre: http://www.reachire.ca/
- Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations - Jobline: http://www.ecvo.ca/index.php/jobline
- Caring Careers - Saskatchewan Job Opportunities: http://www.caringcareers.ca/
- Idealist – Worldwide Jobs: http://www.idealist.org/
- Third Sector Jobs – UK Charity Jobs: http://jobs.thirdsector.co.uk/
- The Guardian Jobs – UK Charity Jobs: http://jobs.theguardian.com/charity/
Disclaimer: Links from the Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Studies Network (NVSSN) to third-party sites do not constitute an endorsement by the VSSN of the parties or their products and services. These parties are listed to provide connections to jobs in the nonprofit sector for university students.