Explanation of Federation
Did You Know?
The Luther College Residence offers an early payment discount. You can save up to $225 when you pay by August 15 (for Fall) and/or December 15 (for Winter)!
Luther College at the University of Regina participates in Admission on the Spot events - campus tours, reduced application fees, and the relief of finding out you're accepted to your program right away!
Luther College welcomes students of all faiths, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, genders, and sexual orientation.
Luther College offers year-round campus and residence tours as well as one-on-one enrollment counselling.
Luther College offers Bundles and Bundles Plus programs! Bundles and Bundles Plus are groupings of courses hand-selected by our academic advisors to help set new students up for a successful first semester.
Every single degree program at Luther College offers an optional experiential learning component; gain real world experience and get paid while you go to school!
The Luther College Residence is a great place for student athletes; it’s conveniently located and comes with a great meal plan.
ALL U of R students including Luther students can take Luther courses.
Explanation of Federation
In 1971, Luther College brought its university program into a federation with the University of Regina (U of R) in order to provide expanded choices for students.
Academic integration with a leading university means:
- Luther College students can take courses from other federated colleges (Campion College, FNUniv) and from the U of R.
- Federated college students take programs established by the University Senate and receive degrees from the U of R. (Luther College is a full member of the University Senate.)
- Eligible U of R and other federated college students can take Luther College classes.
- Luther students have access to all of the financial aid and student support programs of the U of R, as well as all courses and instructional support.
- Federated college faculty augment the teaching resources of University departments. A federated college makes the U of R that much more accessible for those who want to study in a smaller community of students and scholars
- Luther assists students in adjusting to the atmosphere of the larger urban centre and academic campus when they are part of a small, personalized atmosphere.
- Luther College emphasises interdisciplinary studies.
- Federated college libraries complement University holdings by maintaining their own specialized collection of books, journals, computers and CD-ROMs.
- Federated colleges complement the University Registrar's Office by offering personalized academic counselling.
- Luther complements the University's Counselling Services by providing chaplains for counselling services.
- Special student support services are available, including student orientations, study skills seminars, writing workshops, peer support programs, student loans assistance, and special scholarships and bursaries.
Federated colleges are administratively and financially independant of the U of R.