Who We Are
Who We Are
What is Luther College?
- Luther College High School is a historical independent high school offering grades 9-12, located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Luther College was established in 1913 and consists of a high school campus and a post-secondary campus, federated with the University of Regina.
- Our motto “Quality Education in a Christian context” refers to our emphasis on education of the whole person—intellectually, emotionally, spiritually and physically—within a progressive Christian context where principles of love, community, grace and forgiveness are paramount
- Students pay tuition to attend, and the provincial government also partially funds Luther College. Luther is not a “private school” in that a true private school receives no government funding.
- Luther offers the Saskatchewan government regulated curriculum, the university recognized International Baccalaureate program and diverse liberal arts programming.
- Luther College also relies on the generosity and philanthropy of alumni and donors to support our programs, facilities, scholarships and financial assistance opportunities.
- The High School campus completed a $18.3 million dollar expansion in 2014 which includes a new performance stage, three new classrooms (two of which are dedicated to fine arts), a new gymnasium and student fitness training centre, our first student commons area, and upgrades to existing structures. The school also has fully renovated science laboratories and extensively upgraded on-campus dormitories.
- Our school population is approximately 420 students, with 13% of them from international locations such as Nigeria,Vietnam, India, Israel, USA, Philippines, Ukraine and China to name a few! We have an on-campus dormitory with space for 50 boys and 50 girls.
- The average class size is 23 students. Our student teacher ratio is 17:1.
- Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. In fact, we value diversity in every aspect of our school population. By welcoming students of all backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
- International students should have some English language skills prior to application. All international students are tested by our ESL coordinator as part of the admissions process.
- Students should apply by March 1 for the September start date of the school year. Admission is also accepted for students to start in semester 2 (February).
What we're known for:
- Luther College has an outstanding academic program and university preparation with at least 96 percent of graduates going on to post-secondary education, including institutions such as the University of Regina, University of Saskatchewan, University of Toronto, Dartmouth, John Hopkins, McGill, Harvard, Oxford, Yale, and Queen’s.
- Our alumni have been Rhodes Scholars and Nobel Prize Winners.
- Since 1953, Luther College has hosted the Luther Invitational Tournament – the longest running high school basketball tournament in Western Canada, recently inducted into the Regina Sports Hall of Fame
- Since 1973, Luther College has presented an annual Broadway musical.
- We value excellence in teaching and care for our students as individuals in the community.