Cafeteria & Lunch Program
Cafeteria & Meal Program
The Luther College cafeteria prides itself on offering a wide range of fresh cuisine from a variety of ethnic backgrounds. Lunch consists of two hot meal entrée options as well as a salad bar, dessert and drinks. Register for a lunch plan using the form at the bottom of this page.
Important changes to the 2020-2021 school year lunch program:
For the 2020-2021 school year, there will be a lunch program but there will be changes to how it is served and to the seating area. There will not be any self-serve stations (salads, desserts, drinks) as staff will offer single servings of these items. There will continue to be two hot entree options, two salad options and two dessert options. Tables will be social distanced in the cafeteria dining room as well as in the Merlis Belsher Heritage Center which will be set up for socially distanced dining as well.
Other changes to the cafeteria are as follows:
- All food must be served by staff.
- Kitchen staff will be wearing face masks and or a face shield to protect staff and the customer.
- Kitchen staff will not be wearing gloves because this inherently will not allow staff to wash their hands frequently.
- There will be 6 ft distance dots used for the lineup to pick up food, starting in my cafeteria and up the ramp towards the Commons area.
- All dorm student and staff will eat in the original cafeteria dining room with distance between the tables and patrons for distancing.
- All day students and students bringing a lunch will eat in the Belsher gym with distance between the tables and patrons for distancing.
- There will be directional arrows showing the students where the exits to the cafeteria is and also to the entrance and exit to the Belsher gym. This will help with flow but also maintaining proper distance from on another.
- All customers must sanitize their hands at one of the many sanitizing stations in the school or wash them with soap and water before lining up on the dots to get food.
- Interac or credit card payments are preferred but if need be we will take cash for payment. Please make sure you respect the 6ft distance policy with the cashier for your safety and hers.
- All drinks will be served by staff as single serve drinks. We will serve water, regular milk and chocolate milk. We will no longer be able to offer tea are coffee. We will allow one drink per meal.
- All dessert will now be a choice of two single serve prewrapped desserts. We will allow one dessert per meal.
- All salads will now be a choice of two single serve prewrapped salads. We will allow one salad per meal.
- All hot items will be a choice of one of two entrée options and sides are included. Again we will allow one entrée per meal.
- All tables and surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
- If any kitchen staff is feeling ill with any COVID-19 symptoms they will be sent home immediately.
- All condiments will be single serve and customers must ask for them. This includes: ranch dressing, Italian dressing, bbq sauce, ketchup, hot sauce, soya sauce, ketchup, mustard.
How do I purchase meals?
Cafeteria lunch plans are available for purchase in the main office. Semester lunch plans are $685 and can be purchased via cash, cheque or a credit card (form scanned and emailed) to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoned in to 306-791-9150. Semester lunch plans cannot be purchased in the Finance office. The cash balance can be any amount, but there is a 10% savings if you add $100 or more. For example, you get $110 worth of meals for $100.
Meals can also be purchased at a price of $6.75 breakfast, $9.75 lunch and $12.00 supper.
Cafeteria Hours of Operation
Breakfast 7:30 a.m. to 8:45 a.m.
Lunch 11:35 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Supper 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Can I get a refund on the balance of my cafeteria fob?
Balances on your cafeteria fob never expire. The amount remaining on your fob will transfer automatically into the next school year. For graduating students or students who withdraw, refunds will not be processed unless the balance has a value of $20 or more. A refund of $20 or more will be transferred to a sibling’s fob, if applicable. If there is no sibling, a refund will be processed. There is a $20 administrative fee so balances under $20 are not refunded. If you purchased an amount eligible for the 10% savings, the 10% bonus is not refundable. This refund policy applies to all day students, including grade 12 students graduating at the end of the school year.
If you have any questions, please contact Head of Food Services, Mike Stobbs, by email at email@example.com.