Did You Know?
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
Regular attendance in classes is compulsory and the responsibility of each student. Repeated absence of classes lowers a students chance for success and disrupts the continuity of the class. When a student has missed 10 classes or 15% of instruction time, whether excused or not, he/she may be asked to drop the class.
The following guidelines will apply:
- If a student is sick or not going to be at school for a valid reason, the parent or guardian must contact the General Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 a.m. on that day.
- Residence students must have their absence cleared by a dean or school nurse.
- If a student will be absent from school for an extended period, we ask the parents or guardians contact the school administration by letter or by email each respective teacher(s) before the absence occurs.
- Medical and dental appointments should be arranged outside school hours when possible.
- Students who have been absent for a school day may not participate in or attend intramural or co-curricular activities that same day.
- It is not acceptable to miss class to study for a test or to work on a term paper, etc.
- Residence students must avoid leaving for home early and returning to school late at holiday times.
- Grade 10 students who are not scheduled for class are to use the Student Commons or library for quiet, independent study. Grade 11 and 12 students not scheduled for classes have off campus privileges.
- All students are to be in their regularly scheduled classroom with required books and equipment prior to the bell. Students failing to do so will be considered late. Two times late will be considered equal to one absence.