Did You Know?
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
Regular attendance in classes is compulsory and the responsibility of each student. Repeated absence of classes lowers a students chance for success and disrupts the continuity of the class. When a student has missed 10 classes or 15% of instruction time, whether excused or not, he/she may be asked to drop the class.
The following guidelines will apply:
- If a student is sick or not going to be at school for a valid reason, the parent or guardian must contact the General Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 a.m. on that day.
- Residence students must have their absence cleared by a dean or school nurse.
- If a student will be absent from school for an extended period, we ask the parents or guardians contact the school administration by letter or by email each respective teacher(s) before the absence occurs.
- Medical and dental appointments should be arranged outside school hours when possible.
- Students who have been absent for a school day may not participate in or attend intramural or co-curricular activities that same day.
- It is not acceptable to miss class to study for a test or to work on a term paper, etc.
- Residence students must avoid leaving for home early and returning to school late at holiday times.
- Grade 10 students who are not scheduled for class are to use the Student Commons or library for quiet, independent study. Grade 11 and 12 students not scheduled for classes have off campus privileges.
- All students are to be in their regularly scheduled classroom with required books and equipment prior to the bell. Students failing to do so will be considered late. Two times late will be considered equal to one absence.