RRSPs & RRIFs
Did You Know?
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
RRSPs & RRIFs
Donating your Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) or Registered Retired Income Funds (RRIFs) is a simple, flexible way to give to Luther College while enjoying tax benefits
- Flexible and revocable – You have full use of your retirement saving investment while you’re alive plus the gift can be revoked at any time if your financial situation changes.
- Reduced taxes – Your retirement fund taxes are offset by the tax receipt issued by Luther for the full amount being transferred.
- Leave a lasting legacy – Your gift will be directed towards Luther’s greatest need or you can designate your fund to a particular program.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Simply include “Luther College Regina” in the beneficiary information of the plan document and then advise the institution holding your retirement account of the change.
- By nominating multiple beneficiaries you can still ensure loved ones are cared for while providing a donation to Luther.
- A tax receipt for the value of the investment gifted will be issued to your estate and applied toward the final income tax return.
We strongly recommend you consult your own lawyer or other professional advisor about the applicability to your situation.
For more information, please contact:
Charitable Registration Number: 10765 0061 RR0001