RRSPs & RRIFs
Did You Know?
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
When the College was first looking to relocate from Melville to Regina, it considered land at College & Winnipeg, College & Broad, and 23rd & Albert, finally settling on 18 acres of land on the west end of property owned by Government House, now called Royal Street.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
RRSPs & RRIFs
Donating your Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) or Registered Retired Income Funds (RRIFs) is a simple, flexible way to give to Luther College while enjoying tax benefits
- Flexible and revocable – You have full use of your retirement saving investment while you’re alive plus the gift can be revoked at any time if your financial situation changes.
- Reduced taxes – Your retirement fund taxes are offset by the tax receipt issued by Luther for the full amount being transferred.
- Leave a lasting legacy – Your gift will be directed towards Luther’s greatest need or you can designate your fund to a particular program.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Simply include “Luther College Regina” in the beneficiary information of the plan document and then advise the institution holding your retirement account of the change.
- By nominating multiple beneficiaries you can still ensure loved ones are cared for while providing a donation to Luther.
- A tax receipt for the value of the investment gifted will be issued to your estate and applied toward the final income tax return.
We strongly recommend you consult your own lawyer or other professional advisor about the applicability to your situation.
For more information, please contact:
Charitable Registration Number: 10765 0061 RR0001