RRSPs & RRIFs
Did You Know?
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
RRSPs & RRIFs
Donating your Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) or Registered Retired Income Funds (RRIFs) is a simple, flexible way to give to Luther College while enjoying tax benefits
- Flexible and revocable – You have full use of your retirement saving investment while you’re alive plus the gift can be revoked at any time if your financial situation changes.
- Reduced taxes – Your retirement fund taxes are offset by the tax receipt issued by Luther for the full amount being transferred.
- Leave a lasting legacy – Your gift will be directed towards Luther’s greatest need or you can designate your fund to a particular program.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Simply include “Luther College Regina” in the beneficiary information of the plan document and then advise the institution holding your retirement account of the change.
- By nominating multiple beneficiaries you can still ensure loved ones are cared for while providing a donation to Luther.
- A tax receipt for the value of the investment gifted will be issued to your estate and applied toward the final income tax return.
We strongly recommend you consult your own lawyer or other professional advisor about the applicability to your situation.
For more information, please contact:
Charitable Registration Number: 10765 0061 RR0001