Did You Know?
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
When the College was first looking to relocate from Melville to Regina, it considered land at College & Winnipeg, College & Broad, and 23rd & Albert, finally settling on 18 acres of land on the west end of property owned by Government House, now called Royal Street.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
A charitable life insurance gift is one of the easiest ways to make a significant donation to Luther College, and enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Enjoy tax benefits – Depending on how you donate your life insurance, you will enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Enjoy your donation now – You can become a major donor to Luther College today, rather than having to wait years to make your gift from accumulated assets.
- Make a lasting impact – Donating life insurance allows you to make a significant charitable donation for a comparatively small premium. This donation will have a lasting impact on our students and the Luther community.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Transfer an existing life insurance policy to Luther and receive a charitable gift receipt.
- Apply for a new life insurance policy, with Luther as the owner, and receive a tax receipt for the premiums you pay.
- Make Luther the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. This option gives you no immediate tax benefits since Luther does not own the policy, but your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt for the death benefits.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Development Office
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charitable Registration Number: 10765 0061 RR0001