Did You Know?
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
The first annual Senior Girls Volleyball Tournament was held in 1998 and is still going strong today!
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
When the College was first looking to relocate from Melville to Regina, it considered land at College & Winnipeg, College & Broad, and 23rd & Albert, finally settling on 18 acres of land on the west end of property owned by Government House, now called Royal Street.
A charitable life insurance gift is one of the easiest ways to make a significant donation to Luther College, and enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Enjoy tax benefits – Depending on how you donate your life insurance, you will enjoy tax benefits during your lifetime or on your estate.
- Enjoy your donation now – You can become a major donor to Luther College today, rather than having to wait years to make your gift from accumulated assets.
- Make a lasting impact – Donating life insurance allows you to make a significant charitable donation for a comparatively small premium. This donation will have a lasting impact on our students and the Luther community.
How it works
There are several ways to give a gift of life insurance:
- Transfer an existing life insurance policy to Luther and receive a charitable gift receipt.
- Apply for a new life insurance policy, with Luther as the owner, and receive a tax receipt for the premiums you pay.
- Make Luther the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. This option gives you no immediate tax benefits since Luther does not own the policy, but your estate will receive a charitable tax receipt for the death benefits.
For further information, please contact:
Chief Development Office
Email at email@example.com.
Charitable Registration Number: 10765 0061 RR0001