Dorm Life - What To Bring
Did You Know?
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
The first LIT was held on January 31, 1953. That year it was a one-day tournament involving sixteen teams from Southern Saskatchewan. All preliminary games were played cross court, two games at a time.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
The International Baccalaureate provides an enriched curriculum that both covers and extends beyond regular Saskatchewan curricula in its depth and detail. It emphasizes the development of the necessary critical skills that university-bound students need to master: reflecting, inquiring, thinking, analyzing and evaluating.
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
What to Bring to Luther College High School
This check list is designed to help you in your packing. Some items are optional, others are needed by everyone. Almost everything on this list can be purchased when you arrive in Regina. The deans will arrange shopping trips for you.
Alarm Clock (or phone)
- paper, pens, calculator, 3 ring binders
- other class specific supplies may need to be purchased during the year
Towels & Toiletries:
- towel and facecloth
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- sheets, pillow case and comforter or blankets for a twin XL bed (mattress size 39”x80” or 97cm x 203cm)
Laundry Detergent & Laundry Basket
For Your Room:
- pictures or appropriate posters to decorate your room
- boots (for warm, dry feet) scarves, gloves, hats, toques (may be purchased after arrival)
- shorts or yoga pants
- socks and shoes
Casual Wear: (for after school)
- jeans/sweatpants t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.
- no blue jeans nor blue denim clothing
- no t-shirts with questionable images or sayings, including (FCUK brand clothes)
Dress-up Clothes for special school functions:
- For guys, a suit, shirt and tie or nice sweater and slacks
- For girls, dresses, both formal and informal, or a nice skirt and blouse or sweater
Prescription and over-the-counter drugs are to be taken to the nurse. She will check them over and decide if you are allowed to keep them in your room.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED:
- Hot plates, woks, rice cookers, heaters, candles or incense, microwaves, personal furniture.
- No pets of any kind, including fish and turtles.
- Weapons including knives, guns, archery equipment, and martial arts weapons, as well as illegal substances and drug paraphernalia are strictly prohibited.
- Wireless INTERNET is available in all dorm rooms, classrooms and common areas.