Luther College invites applications for a full-time Science teacher, duties to commence August 25, 2022.
The successful candidate, in collaboration with colleagues and administration, will be responsible for:
- Teaching Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and/or International Baccalaureate science curricula (and other appropriate subject areas as may be assigned from time to time);
- Contributing to co-curricular programming, especially coaching and/or supervising;
- Being an ambassador for “Quality Education in a Christian Context”;
- Advancing the educational standards and reputation of the school and the Science program;
- Participating in staff meetings and professional development where deemed necessary by the Head of School/Principal or designated administration.
Preferential consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Currently hold a Saskatchewan Teacher’s Certificate or who are eligible to apply for one before August, 2022;
- Have successfully taught science courses at the high school level;
- Have demonstrated experience with and commitment to leading and growing co-curricular programs in a high school setting;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and who enjoy working with high school students;
- Are familiar with the International Baccalaureate program of studies and/or have experience teaching I.B. Science;
- Hold at least one related degree in addition to a B.Ed.; and
- Value teaching in an educational institution informed by the Lutheran heritage of excellence in scholarship, freedom of inquiry and a faithful seeking after truth.
Please forward an electronic letter of application, a resume and references, and a brief statement of educational philosophy (one page maximum) to:
Karen Prior, Human Resources
Closing date: Deadline has been extended to March 25, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. For further details regarding this position and teaching at Luther College, please visit www.luthercollege.edu
Salary: Salary and benefits are commensurate with the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation Agreement.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Luther College is committed to an inclusive workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including all groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Luther College is situated on Treaty 4 lands. These are the territories of the nêhiyawak, Anihšināpāk, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakoda, and the homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation. For Luther College, this acknowledgement is a recognition of the shared histories of Indigenous and non‐Indigenous peoples, and a reflection of our commitment, as visitors on this land, to the continuing act of reconciliation essential to a shared future together. To this end, Luther College works to support the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action, especially numbers 62-64.
Luther College High School is a historical independent school offering exceptional secondary education for students in grades 9 to 12. Luther College offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) programme and a strong liberal arts curriculum that develops critical thinking and inquiry skills. Our motto, “Quality education in a Christian context” refers, in part, to the education of the whole person. The school enjoys a reputation for excellence in academics, but also for extensive and vibrant co-curricular programming, all guided by a dedicated teaching staff which challenges students to excel and discover their gifts.
Teaching at Luther College High School: Click here to learn more.