New Student Orientation
New Day Student Orientation
Day Student Orientation is Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Day students have now been emailed with assigned package pick up and tour times.
- Due to limits on indoor gatherings and social distancing, the orientation is for students only. Parents are asked not to enter the building at this time. We thank you for your understanding.
- Parents may drop students off at the Northwest entrance off of Dewdney Avenue. Please do not use the ROYAL STREET entrance. The ROYAL STREET entrance will be locked and there will be no access to the school at that door.
- Upon entering the building, students will be asked to sanitize their hands and proceed into the student commons area where staff will be available to direct students.
- All students must wear a non-surgical mask for the school tours, classroom tours and locker find. If your student has a mask they should bring it with them. If your student does not have a mask, a disposable non-surgical mask will be provided. If your student requires a surgical mask for medical reasons, parents are responsible to provide one.
- Please do not arrive early.
- We ask that students exit the building after their 45 minute time slot. Unfortunately students cannot wait in the building for a late pick-up.
- If your student is feeling unwell, has a cough, fever or is exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you stay home.
New Student Orientation is an important aspect of your student’s transition into Luther. We expect that students will attend at their assigned time. Please contact email@example.com if your student cannot attend. If your student cannot attend at the assigned time, welcome packages can be picked up at the main office on September 2 or 3 from 9:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Welcome packages will not be ready until September 1 and cannot be picked up before orientation. Unfortunately guided school tours, locker find and classroom tours will not be provided on those alternate dates. Welcome packages must be picked-up at the main office before September 8, 2020.
Welcome packages will include:
- Class schedule (class schedules will not be available to new students until orientation)
- School map
- Security key fob for building access
- Wifi account sign-up information (if your student has a mobile phone, please send it with them so that we can assist in setting up the on campus Wifi access)
- Locker assignment and school-issued lock
- COVID-19 school safety handout
If you are a new day student and did not receive your assigned pick up time please contact our admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Reminder: First day of classes is September 8, 2020.
Luther College High School is prepared to keep our dorm community a safe and welcoming place for all of our students who will be living with us this year. We have a few updates for all of you below:
- The Government of Saskatchewan delayed the school start date until Tuesday, September 8. For Luther College, this day will be a class orientation for all students regarding our COVID-19 pandemic plan for the school day. Classes will begin on Wednesday, September 9 both in person and online if you have opted for the online learning option.
- Because of the delayed start date, the move in date for the dorms has also been delayed until Wednesday, September 2. If students arrive prior to this date and need accommodations, we have rooms available for them at our University campus. Reminder: If students are coming from outside of Canada, they will be required to self-isolate for 14 days at this location. Please contact Holly or Joey for more details on this.
- There will be no visitors allowed in the dorm until further notice. Unfortunately, this does include move-in and orientation week. Parents and guardians are asked to remain outside of the building when dropping students off. There will be Residence Assistants available to assist students in carrying luggage into the school and setting up their dorm rooms.
Contact our Dean of Women and Dean of Men for more information on dorm move-in and dorm student orientation: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.