Refunds and Payment Methods
Refunds and Withdrawals
Withdrawal notices for out-of-country students must be received in writing by June 14 (November 15 second semester) in order to be eligible for full refunds. All refunds are subject to a 10% tuition administrative charge. If a withdrawal notice is received after the specified date listed all fees will be forfeit.
If a Saskatchewan student withdraws within 60 calendar days of the first day of classes of a semester, tuition fees will be refunded on a prorated basis (with a minimum of 10% being held). If the student withdraws after this time all fees will be forfeit.
Once a semester has begun there will be no refunds issued for the class fees of ESL, physical education, Communication Media, or IB.
Please note: Refunds may take up to 8 weeks to be processed.
Non-Saskatchewan students who arrive or return for classes late will be charged a late fee of $1500 (taken from their Education Bond).
Payment Methods and Banking Arrangements
- Fees can be paid by cash, cheque, preauthorized payment, wire transfers, VISA or Master card;
- Payment must be made in Canadian funds;
- Students are responsible for all bank fees, including charges for wire transfers and payments through Open Apply, Luther College’s online application process;
- Non-Saskatchewan students must apply for a Canadian bank account in order to have funds available for payment of all incidental personal expenses, such as taxi cab rides, medical prescriptions and other incidentals. Dorm staff will be available to assist students with this task once they arrive at Luther College;
- Luther College will not advance or hold funds on behalf of a student.
Penalty for Late Payment
All accounts overdue by 15 days or more may be charged a late payment fee of prime plus 3% interest.
Declined Transaction Fees
All returned cheques, and/or declined pre-authorization payments for tuition payment plans will be charged a $25 declined transaction fee.
Luther College reserves the right to withhold a student’s final marks if fees are outstanding at the end of the academic year.
Luther College issues the following tax receipts:
- Charitable donation receipts for a portion of the tuition fees paid each year;
- Child care receipts for dormitory students