The First Day is Just Around the Corner!
Did You Know?
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
In the late 1920's, during an in-house baseball tournament, Rex Schneider entered a team called "Prof Schneider's Battling Lions." This is the first hint that someday Luther teams would be known as the Lions.
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
Did you know there is a 3rd floor to the boy's dorm? It was traditionally assigned to upper level students who were more mature & responsible. Students who lived up there in the 1940’s confessed, in hushed tones, to having a radio when those devices were against school policy.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
Through the A Time To Build capital campaign, we have added 46,897 square feet of space to Luther College High School, including the Semple gymnasium - the largest high school gym in Regina.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
Are you ready for Tuesday September 5, 2017?
Here's a check list of things you will want to make sure you've done!
1. Join the Grade 9 Peer Support Facebook page!
- There is a closed Facebook page just for new grade 9 students. This is a group for all new grade 9s to get to know one another before classes start in September and ask questions about Luther life. The group is called LCHS grade 9s (2017-2021). Click "join" to be added to the group. Peer support is a group of grade 10-12 students who are committed to making Luther safe and welcoming. They provide student support, advice, and guidance. If you ever have any questions about your classes, Luther traditions, or anything in general, feel free to ask a Peer Support member.
2. Register for the NEW DAY STUDENT Orientation on August 29!
10 a.m. - 12 noon
Parents: please drop off students at west parking lot entrance off of Dewdney Avenue (NOT THE ROYAL STREET ENTRANCE)
- Current students will help to make sure you know where your locker and classrooms are located.
- Luther College teachers will speak to you about what to expect as a Luther student and provide some helpful tips for success.
- Morning refreshments will be provided.
Please note new dorm students will have a separate orientation upon moving into the dorm.
IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND ORIENTATION YOU MUST PICK UP AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION PACKAGE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES ON AUGUST 30 or AUGUST 31 at the MAIN OFFICE (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
3. Connect with Luther on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook and check the website to keep up-to-date on all the events happening at Luther.
4. Read our New Student News!
If you or your parents have any questions, please call the main office 306.791.9150. We are always happy to help!