The First Day is Just Around the Corner!
Did You Know?
The Tuck Shop for snacks was at the bottom of the south stairs going to what is now the cafeteria. The legendary beans in a cone were considered a healthier & cheaper alternative to what students purchased across the street at the Aintree.
Luther College High School is recognized as one of the four best university preparatory schools in western Canada with as many as 96% of Luther graduates pursuing post-secondary educations.
Luther graduates have gone on to universities such as Harvard, Oxford, Pennsylvania State, McGill, Queen’s and other renowned educational institutions throughout Canada, North America and the world.
Students admitted to Luther College are not required to be Lutheran or Christian. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
Luther students, even though from diverse social and cultural backgrounds, have the opportunity to be part of tightly woven community of students, parents, alumni, teachers and staff. Typically 12% of the school’s student body originates from outside of Canada.
Do you know someone in Kindergarten to Grade 8 that would like to be part of the Luther Family? Encourage them to join the Future Luther Student program!
The choral tradition at Luther began in 1914. In addition to in-school performances, the choir has shared its ministry of music with many congregations across Canada and has performed regularly on local and national radio and television shows, at contests and festivals.
The gym officially opened July 8, 1951. The Sunday afternoon celebration, attended by 1,500 people, featured speeches followed by an evening celebration with another 1,500 people in attendance to hear the Luther Choir and the RCMP Band.
Are you ready for Tuesday September 5, 2017?
Here's a check list of things you will want to make sure you've done!
1. Join the Grade 9 Peer Support Facebook page!
- There is a closed Facebook page just for new grade 9 students. This is a group for all new grade 9s to get to know one another before classes start in September and ask questions about Luther life. The group is called LCHS grade 9s (2017-2021). Click "join" to be added to the group. Peer support is a group of grade 10-12 students who are committed to making Luther safe and welcoming. They provide student support, advice, and guidance. If you ever have any questions about your classes, Luther traditions, or anything in general, feel free to ask a Peer Support member.
2. Register for the NEW DAY STUDENT Orientation on August 29!
10 a.m. - 12 noon
Parents: please drop off students at west parking lot entrance off of Dewdney Avenue (NOT THE ROYAL STREET ENTRANCE)
- Current students will help to make sure you know where your locker and classrooms are located.
- Luther College teachers will speak to you about what to expect as a Luther student and provide some helpful tips for success.
- Morning refreshments will be provided.
Please note new dorm students will have a separate orientation upon moving into the dorm.
IF YOU CAN NOT ATTEND ORIENTATION YOU MUST PICK UP AN IMPORTANT INFORMATION PACKAGE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF CLASSES ON AUGUST 30 or AUGUST 31 at the MAIN OFFICE (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.).
3. Connect with Luther on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook and check the website to keep up-to-date on all the events happening at Luther.
4. Read our New Student News!
If you or your parents have any questions, please call the main office 306.791.9150. We are always happy to help!