Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions most often asked about Luther College High School. If you do not find the information you are looking for, please contact us by phone at 1-306-791-9150 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do students choose Luther College High School (LCHS)?
Students choose LCHS because of the:
- Small, close-knit caring environment
- Academic challenges that prepare students for success in post-secondary education.
- Unique course and program opportunities including German, Latin, film and video, interdisciplinary studies and the International Baccalaureate (IB) program
- Opportunities to meet students from all over the world who attend Luther College to achieve academic success
What is the average class size?
LCHS has an average class size of twenty-three students.
What is the total enrollment at LCHS?
LCHS has a total student population of 460 students (Grade 9 - Grade 12).
Do you accept applicants at all grade levels?
Each year, over 100 new applicants join the LCHS community. Applicants can be accepted at all grade levels.
How do I apply to LCHS?
Students must apply to attend LCHS. The admissions process is designed to ensure that:
- the College can meet the needs of the applicant and help him/her achieve his/her goals; and
- the student is suited to the College’s learning and social environment.
- Applications will be reviewed when all required documents and information have been received. Once an application is complete, families will be emailed within four weeks with the outcome of the decision.
- The new admissions application deadline is March 1. All new students must apply before March 1 to be eligible for scholarships and the alumni bursary.
- In some cases, the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) may be asked to come in for an interview as part of the review process.
Questions regarding the status of admissions applications should be directed to Luther College High School’s Director of Admissions by phone at 1-306-791-9174 or by email at email@example.com.
When will I know if my child has been accepted?
Applicants who are accepted will receive an email notification within four weeks of LCHS receiving a complete application. Applications that are not complete or have missing reference forms will not be reviewed.
What if my child is waitlisted?
Students who are accepted but waitlisted will be moved into a spot if and when a space becomes available.
What are the tuition and other associated costs?
Please view our Financial Handbook for the current fees.
Do you offer scholarships or other financial assistance?
Do you accept international students?
Do you offer an ESL program?
We provide ESL support for students with an acceptable level of English (both written and oral). We do not accept applicants with a beginner level of English.
Do you offer a home-stay program?
No. International students must live in the on-campus dormitory.
Does Luther College provide transportation for local students?
Yes. LCHS has a transportation program for students living in certain areas of Regina and students in White City/Emerald Park.
Does Luther College have a cafeteria?
Yes. LCHS has a full service cafeteria with many meal plan options available. Dorm student meals are included in the boarding fees.
Does Luther College have a dress code?
Yes. The Luther College dress code is a reminder that this is a special school in which special kinds of behaviour are required. The way that staff and students dress has an impact on the tone of the school; therefore all are expected to dress appropriately for their particular roles and in a way that shows respect for themselves, others and Luther College. The dress code not only helps us identify guests and other outsiders, but also demonstrates to them that we observe time honoured standards and expectations, and take education seriously. These standards of dress and appearance mark our school as a unique place of dignity and minimize distractions to learning. This does not mean that clothes must be “dressy” or unduly formal. Casual clothing in which students feel comfortable for various learning activities such as outdoor science projects or art assignments may be worn if appropriate. Teachers and administration reserve the right to determine what is appropriate.
Do you have to be Christian to attend LCHS?
Students admitted to LCHS are not required to be Lutheran or members of the Christian faith. By welcoming students of all faiths and religious backgrounds, Luther College enjoys a richly diverse student body.
What is Chapel?
Daily Chapel, which all Luther College students must attend, is a unique and strong tradition at Luther College. Chapel is a time when the whole school gathers together to worship, laugh, and learn. It forms the foundation upon which Luther College’s strong community of support and respect is built. Chapel contact varies from day to day and can include devotions led by students, faculty or clergy; motivational guest speakers; fun, community building activities, and music.