Excerpted from Luther: The History of a College by Ken Mitchell (1981)
In the early 1940's, Dr. Schneider had been instrumental in establishing exchanges of instructors and students between Regina College and Luther. He had been an exchange professor of psychology himself, until 1960.
With Mr. Anderson's appointment as President of Luther College in 1974, Rudie Selzer was named principal. A biology teacher and former Dean of Men, Mr. Selzer has worked diligently to maintain the high school's standards of academic excellence. And also – as many new students are quick to learn its reputation for "friendly but firm" discipline among its 375 students in grades 9 to 12.
In 1968 Luther College entered into a formal federation with the University of Saskatchewan Regina Campus (now the University of Regina). The agreement enabled Luther to expand its academic program, offering courses leading to university degrees. In 1971 Luther College officially opened its new $2,000,000 academic building and residences on the university campus. Beautifully situated overlooking the Wascana Bird Sanctuary, Luther University College has its own library, dining hall, auditorium-chapel, classrooms, offices and lounges, and residence accommodation for 216 students.
Luther University College's 400 students come from throughout Saskatchewan, across Canada and around the world. Together with the faculty and staff they form a vigorous "community" on the University of Regina Campus. They have the combined advantage of being members of a smaller unit while sharing fully the resources of the larger university. Students registered academically with Luther College can take all programs leading to bachelor degrees in Arts, Science, Music, Music Education, Fine Arts, and Laboratory Technology. and all courses preparatory to professional study in Argriculture, Dentistry, Home Economics, Law, Medicine, Social Work, Veterinary Medicine and Journalism